I guess you're wondering about the peculiar title. This post is mostly what my dad told be, based on reading TIME MAGAZINE, and his opinions, news, beliefs, k, you're not reading this, this is so not included, k, bye. HAHA. Ooookay.
This all started when dad got the TIME of the month ( which sometimes I read when there's some Earth thing on, or if the cover is interesting, also when I'm just bored so I just look at the pretty pictures in TIME ) [ I love capitalizing TIME. TIIIME. :D ]
OH And before the "before story". I'll let you in a not little BUG HUGE secret, k? :)) There is no RICE CRISIS. God. When my dad explained it to me. I was like, politicians will do ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING to get the spotlight off of their huge asses. I mean, CREATE A MASSIVE SCARE to the masses ( I can't believe I used mass twice in a sentence, cool. ) to just divert the attention to panicking and buying rice that will survive until two thousand and who knows what years :| My dad said that we're only losing like 500 000 something. Which is less than 5% if I'm correct in what we need each month/year/WHATEVER. President was never in my what I wanted to be list, but hello, GLORIA this is not a show. You're running a country. You might think this girl doesn't know anything. HELLS YEAH I DON'T. I admit :)) HAHA. But what do I care. Then stop reading. Love me for me. <--- I hate this :)) No offense to people who use this, k? Iz too cliche-ish. I have to say, politics is DURAMUH.
Now the before story. I kinda read half way through the story in TIME. So, the rest is jut hearing my father lecture us in the car for several times ( No dad, I'm not mocking you, if you're reading this. I'm grateful that you brought this up actually :D ). Do you all know what Bio Fuel is? It's the stuff that's supposed to help the Earth get better (parang bata lang eh no), well IT'S NOT. The Bio fuel is not the problem. The idea was great, like wooow, a fuel that can stop smoke emissions that kills innocent treeeez. Yeah. But what happened after is the INCOMING GLOBAL CRISIS THAT I FEAR WE WILL LIVE FOR, and at the same time, it is the very thing that will make us face death. I am not prepared to die. Hello. I'm like ** years old ( I don't approve of giving of my age in the net, I know how euw of me ((= ) No one's prepared to die. Even if you say you are. YOU'RE NOT. You're relatives are not ready to lose a loved one. Even how bold you are to say you can, not admitting is cowardly and low.
So, the AFTER story. Of course, as all of you know, we survive by having occupations. When you have a client that is investing in something that is earning millions, then you would want that client to invest in your business. So, why would you stick to something that is earning less when you can earn more. THINK AGAIN. Bio Fuel, is fueled by... pretty much corn and other stuff. So, farmers invest in growing corn. So you have a lot of Bio Fuel, but what will happen to corn as FOOD. So, I forgot which place, I think Brazil? I forgot the story about that but all I know is that Brazil or whatever place needed Soy beans. So they leave some other thing they were growing and they needed to expand their planting fields to plant SOY BEANS. Are you following me? So it's like A DOMINO EFFECT that's gonna bite you right back at the A-S-S. So, with the EXPANSION of the Soy Beans, the Cattle Raisers were forced to leave and head into the forests. Nearly if I remember this correctly 300,000 (I THINK) hecatres-sqaure meters-whatever-acres of forests, trees ALL GONE. THAT'S THE SIZE OF RHODE ISLAND. NOW WHAT.
Maybe the people that made Bio fuel are thinking.
FORGET the thing that might save the Ozone Layer?
OR PLANT MORE CROPS of needed food. Or else starvation is on our road.
If I'm wrong in some of the facts, I admit. But, I am sure as hell that we should all be careful and take part of saving the world as Abbey would say it.
BTW, ABBEY MANLICLIC, writes the best stuff. She wants to save the world. Let's help! COME ON. www.abbey.tabulas.com
Update:
Do FreeRice, k? ;)
Friday, April 18, 2008
Daddy Told Me
